New Speakout Data Plan | Page 4 | 7-Eleven Rates and Plans | Consumer forum

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New Speakout Data Plan
October 25, 2013
7:09 am
czg416
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 44
Member Since:
September 30, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My UMB expired today. Up to last month it would send me a text that read "Your Service Feature has been renewed…" This morning I got one that reads "Your new Service Feature is now active and will expire on 11/24/2013".

This would seem to indicate that I am now on the data plan. I tried deleting the old UMB APN and setting up a new one with the settings listed on the SpeakOut website. The standard Android 2.3 browser and Opera Mobile work, but other apps do not work at all.

October 25, 2013
7:49 am
saxytim
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10
Member Since:
September 23, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

czg416 said:

My UMB expired today. Up to last month it would send me a text that read "Your Service Feature has been renewed…" This morning I got one that reads "Your new Service Feature is now active and will expire on 11/24/2013".

This would seem to indicate that I am now on the data plan. I tried deleting the old UMB APN and setting up a new one with the settings listed on the SpeakOut website. The standard Android 2.3 browser and Opera Mobile work, but other apps do not work at all.


They've probably renewed your UMB. When I called them about when my UMB will expire, they explained to me that I will get one more "grace" UMB renewal after the new service was launched. To get the new data plan, one has to activate that option. It seems that you can now enjoy UMB for another month

October 25, 2013
11:16 am
czg416
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 44
Member Since:
September 30, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That's correct. I just checked my profile and it now shows I have 30 days of UMB remaining. They must have updated the site in the past few hours, because it didn't show that before. Thanks.

October 27, 2013
7:11 am
canadavenyc
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 28
Member Since:
March 20, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Not sure if this has been confirmed yet or not, but...is this new data plan "full data", and can it be used to tether other devices?

October 27, 2013
10:28 am
patrob
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I posted twice in this thread about a great alternative to SO and both my posts have been removed...???

Is this forum being monitored by Speakout & they requested posts be removed? Just weird....

October 27, 2013
10:32 am
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls
Moderator
Moderators
Forum Posts: 2052
Member Since:
October 14, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

When you are advertising (spamming) a competitor to SpeakOut (especially with live links), naturally the post would be deleted. Just like someone spamming for Bell in a Rogers forum would not be tolerated.

Spamming is not allowed.

October 27, 2013
10:40 am
patrob
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

How is this spamming if I am helping others???? I am not affiliated with that service provider so it's not spamming but sharing an alternative service provider!!!

Glad to know this forum is a "real" CONSUMER forum. I guess not!

October 27, 2013
10:48 am
patrob
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So I guess post 15 & 47 is also SPAM since they both have links to the competition!!! But for some reason they have not been removed but my link was?

October 27, 2013
12:38 pm
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls
Moderator
Moderators
Forum Posts: 2052
Member Since:
October 14, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thanks for bringing those posts to our attention. Those links have been deleted. I am not the only moderator here, and we try to keep on top of spam as it comes.

October 27, 2013
4:33 pm
patrob
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
September 27, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I will try to find more links and point it out so "nobody" else can see what other service providers they can potentially go with. So much for CONSUMER FORUM Disappointing to say the least...

You never explained why would you consider this SPAM??? Unless this forum is really owned/run by SO!

October 27, 2013
5:32 pm
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls
Moderator
Moderators
Forum Posts: 2052
Member Since:
October 14, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm not going to get into an argument with you, and I absolutely expalined why I considered that spam. It was advertising another wireless provider, in the SpeakOut forum. Let's not hijack this thread and get back to what this thread was opened to discuss. The New Speakout Data Plan.

October 28, 2013
11:28 pm
chimpanzee
vancouver
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 770
Member Since:
December 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

patrob said:

I will try to find more links and point it out so "nobody" else can see what other service providers they can potentially go with. So much for CONSUMER FORUM Disappointing to say the least...

You never explained why would you consider this SPAM??? Unless this forum is really owned/run by SO!


a matter of perspective. the difference is he is a mod, you are not

so relax. for those who need to know, they already know. As for run by SO, no it is not. they are volunteers but for some reason they don't want to irritate SO, to a degree I would say obsess(for certain mod, not all)

October 29, 2013
5:26 pm
roodney
Newbie
Members
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
October 29, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've been a happy unlimited browsing customer for a couple of years, and with the exception of a few apps everything worked well for me. When I went to reactivate my browsing plan last week I realized the new offer from 7/11. But it's not at all like the previous one, and a total disappointment... I get that the previous deal was quite good (which is why I kept using it) but this is no where near the value! Within a week my usage was at nearly 50mb; and that's with no movies or music or other media, just the same basic browsing & occasional email checking I used to do. The background stuff on most smartphones alone will suck up that 100mb in no time. Plus it's not like anything got better going from the 'browsing' plan to the 'data' plan, the same apps that didn't work before still don't work so there was no improvement, nor is it any faster (it's still the same network after all). I'm guessing that Rogers just decided to put the squeeze on resellers like 7/11 since they were recently forced into min. 2 year contracts. Either way, it's a useless add-on now and that's too bad!

October 30, 2013
5:39 am
wmccrack
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 11
Member Since:
July 29, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

roodney said:

I've been a happy unlimited browsing customer for a couple of years, and with the exception of a few apps everything worked well for me. When I went to reactivate my browsing plan last week I realized the new offer from 7/11. But it's not at all like the previous one, and a total disappointment... I get that the previous deal was quite good (which is why I kept using it) but this is no where near the value! Within a week my usage was at nearly 50mb; and that's with no movies or music or other media, just the same basic browsing & occasional email checking I used to do. The background stuff on most smartphones alone will suck up that 100mb in no time. Plus it's not like anything got better going from the 'browsing' plan to the 'data' plan, the same apps that didn't work before still don't work so there was no improvement, nor is it any faster (it's still the same network after all). I'm guessing that Rogers just decided to put the squeeze on resellers like 7/11 since they were recently forced into min. 2 year contracts. Either way, it's a useless add-on now and that's too bad!


The new data plan is no faster than UMB used to be. After it was mentioned by others I tested the speed of UMB after the new data plan was started and it was very slow, about 0.25 MB/s. It used to be faster but I'm not sure what the numbers were. I switched to the new data plan and tested the speed at 10 MB/s down and 1 MB/s up. That is 40 times as fast as UMB is now!!

BTW as I mentioned in a previous post - I found that SpeedTest used 25 MB on my test of the new data plan speed, or 1/4 of the 100 MB / month allowance. So beware and don't run it unless you really want to confirm this.

Also, I was told by tech support that there are NO port or other blocks on the new data plan. That means rooting the phone and running ProxyDroid is no longer necessary to make full use of the data plan. I haven't heard anyone talk about this much so could someone confirm this please. I'd like to un-root my phone and upgrade to Android 4.3.x

October 30, 2013
2:03 pm
kymics
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 35
Member Since:
May 16, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

BTW as I mentioned in a previous post – I found that SpeedTest used 25 MB on my test of the new data plan speed, or 1/4 of the 100 MB / month allowance. So beware and don't run it unless you really want to confirm this.

Best $2.50 warning I've seen all day. I wish I had received such a warning the last time I went to Starbucks and bought a regular coffee.

October 30, 2013
2:16 pm
kymics
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 35
Member Since:
May 16, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

FWIW, I found my own way to save some cash on my cell phone plan. I have a low-end Nokia Lumia phone that I'm okay with. When Koodo launched their $55 plan (albeit, it's an MB-SK plan), I went to Rogers to see if they were offering any competing offers. I got a $50 plan with 5GB of data and all the fixin's plus a Galaxy S4 on a 2-year contract. I put the phone in the classifieds and sold it same day for $510. Given the unlocking fee I paid and small out of pocket for the phone to get the phone on contract, my profit was almost exactly $480. So for the next two years, my net payment is $50 - $20 = $30.

For a plan with more than I could ever use, I'm happy with $30. That said, I do have to pay tax on $50 instead of $30, so I'm not actually saving a full $20 a month.

If this plan is still competitive in 2 years, then I'll likely take another phone with contract and sell it again. I won't be adding another voucher to my SpeakOut SIM in December when it expires.

October 30, 2013
6:22 pm
chimpanzee
vancouver
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 770
Member Since:
December 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

that is what i have said all along. a contract with a new high end phone is just a discount of between 15-20 dollars which is as you mentioned 30-35/month that is IMO the real price of a reasonable plan. But that is still too much for me.

October 30, 2013
10:33 pm
kymics
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 35
Member Since:
May 16, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

You should move to Winnipeg: cheaper plans, cheaper standard of living

Prepaid plans are great for those who need minimal services, but when you look at some of these value plans that bundle up a bunch of services (minutes, texts, data) it almost seems like there's no point in going with prepaid anymore. The equivalent cost post-paid plan probably contains more features.

There was a period of time where SpeakOut was great for me, but I think that ship has now sailed. My mom still seems to be happy though.

October 31, 2013
1:23 am
fefrie
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 224
Member Since:
August 13, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yes, since 2008, I've been with SO, but I think that I will also be moving away from them.

I just joined another provider. Unlimited incoming, and just had an hour conversation with them. This is something that I thought would never happen.

Since June, i've only spent $7, and that is with a lot of (incoming) telephone use.

November 1, 2013
1:17 pm
woolfcoop
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
October 9, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Is there a way to monitor my data use? I have an iPhone 4s.