Well, I got myself a new PCM phone and want to port out my current SO phone # into my PCM phone. Here is what happen:
1. Call the customer service on a Thur to request porting out the SO# into my PCM phone. The CSR seems surprise. Of course, they are the same company anyway. It is like porting somthing from their left hand to right hand...Got all the info they need and they say should be done in 1-3days.
2. After a week and still nothing happen, so call again on the next Wed. The CSR said their policy do not allow them to port out the SO# unless it is report loss or damage...Anyway, the CSR willing to setup a report for me and said the SO# will port into the PCM# in 1-3 days.
3. Well the worst just happen, they reverse my order, instead they port out my SO#, they actually port out my PCM# into my SO#... So now my PCM sim card is no use and my SO has my new PCM #
4. So I call the CS and checked that they do have the record that I request to port out my SO# to my PCM#. But, the CSR said she can't do anything about it and has to speak to a manager, so I need to called them again in the next morning...
The saga con't
Sorry to hear about your problem. I had a bad customer service experience with SO also but it was mainly a matter of poor communication. I called my East Indian friend over to speak with the rep and after they exchanged a few curry recipes, the two of them were able to resolve the issue much to my satisfaction.
Actually, they are the same wireless company, using rogers network. Either way, I am still calling PCM CS. And I call them again today and they still have the record that I request to port the number to my PCM. They even have the number right. Now I am just waiting for their "investigation"...
I am just think if I lost my SO phone, then I buy a PCM phone, and port the SO# to my PCM...then they mix up and now my PCM phone is inactive for a couple days....
Well, I have a talk to the CS today, and it is not good at all.
1. They first said the porting is done and it is no longer can be reverse.
2. Fine, but I still want to know what to do with my PCM...but the CS keep saying I accidentally tell the CSR the wrong instruction...geee...I remember I did confirm it correctly with the CSR in the second time I talk to them.
3. Here is what happen in the Last conversation:
The CSR told me that he had set up a lost report for my SO phone and gives me a ref#, and confirm with me the phone will no longer active. Then he also confirm with me the old SO phone number will port to my PCM phone and the new temp voice mail password will be the last four digit of the new phone#, which is the phone number I want...
4. Here is the result, I brought a new PCM phone and want to use it. At the time, I also want to dump my old SO phone. Due to their mistake, I am still stuck to the SO phone, and the new PCM sim card is fried.
5. Since the old number is gone and there is nothing I/they can do, so I plan to return the PCM phone (good thing its all done within 15days) and get myself a new PCM phone, though I will have a new phone#...
To be con't
Well, I return my PCM phone with the closed account, original sim card. I am glad for their 15 days guarantee satisfied policy. I even feel sorry for the store manager, since it is not his fault at all. It is really the CS screw up the whole thing...
Anyway, this case is closed. The conclusion:
The CS is really bad. They screwed up and blame it on the customer. Beside, since SO and PCM are the same Ztar Mobile, so there will be big pain to port a number among these two... The CS will be so confused and don't know what to do...
Other than that, I think I will get another PCM phone and stick with the number...As long as I only need to deal with the CS with a very minimum level, like activating the phone only, I am happy with it.
Wow... that's one crazy experience. I would be VERY upset to lose my phone number as I've had it for a number of years.
I'm planning to port out my number from SO to Rogers now, so hopefully I won't experience the problems you did.
It's unfortunate that you had to go through all that, though it's almost as if you took one for the team.
Has anyone else had success porting from SO to PCM?