March 4, 2013
For those of you that are beating your head off the wall because the Petro Canada Mobility support staff don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to iPhone APN settins I've got some good news.
Here's all the APN data they gave me although I only needed a fraction of it.
MMS proxy: mmsproxy.rogers.com
MMS port: 80
APN User: default
APN Pass: ((BLANK))
APN Protocol (case sensitive): Ipv4/IPv6
APN roaming Protocol (case sensitive): IPV4/IPv6
So in the iPhone Config Utility:
1. Create a New Profile
2. Under General - Name: PetroFull (or whatever)
3. Under General - Identifier: mms.gprs.rogers.com
4. Under APN or Advanced - APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
5. Under APN or Advanced - USER: default
6. Under APN or Advanced - Proxy Server - mmsproxy.rogers.com
7. Under APN or Advanced - Proxy Port - 80
Your done the hard part, connect your phone via USD, select your device (under devices - left side), select configuration Profiles tab, install your new APN. iPhone will prompt you, and you can figure it out from there.
Seems pretty good (& wide open) after dealing with that crippled UMB connection for so many years. I can't wait for my account to run out of money so I can move to a better carrier!
January 5, 2010
Looks to be the same for "speakout canada" on unlockit
so no config utility necessary.