December 6, 2010
1. Purchase a Rogers SIM card ($10) and Pay As You Go voucher ($20).
2. Activate Rogers SIM card online (Rogers.ca)
3. Phone Speakout Wireless customer service to get your IMEI number and verify that you know your 4-digit passcode.
4. Call Rogers Wireless to initiate the port from Speakout to Rogers. They may want an account number but your Speakout account number is your 10 digit phone number. If they will not accept this, ask to speak to someone else. (I had to do this). All they need is your phone number, IMEI number and pass code.
5. Enjoy real data and cheaper texting plans!
6. Once your number is ported successfully, you need to call Rogers to have your balance moved from your temporary number to your ported (current) number
August 13, 2009
Different Strokes for different folks.
I don't need data, I text and voice all I *need* and I pay $50/year.
If I really need to make a call, I use my phone, but I have a land line, and I also have skype.
There is wifi every where I go, and I really don't want to be updated with email every waking minute of the day...